Saturday, August 6, 2011

06.08.2011

I really, seriously dislike copycats.
Especially a particular copycat
Who doesn't feel shameful after being scolded for being a big, fat copycat
And continues her so called "profession",
Cause that's all she knows,
COPYING.

I mean seriously,
When people have the PASSION for writing,
They actually put in their time,
Their energy,
Their LIFE into writing.
It could take them hours,
Days,
Even WEEKS to get just the perfect word to express what they feel.

And what do you do with all that?
You just lift the few little muscles you have in your fingers,
And copy EVERYTHING
In two seconds.

Yeah,
So you get praises from people from far away places for your "creations".
But do you actually really feel the happiness?
The joy?
The feeling that you're actually good at something?

If you do,
Then you're bloody hell, dead hopeless.

If you don't,
I can explain why.

You don't feel the joy,
The success,
Cause all you feel is guilt.

You know you didn't really create that wonderful piece of writing.
That piece of writing doesn't belong to you,
Nor the praises you receive for it.
You know all that,
And that makes you feel guilty.

As somebody who used to be a copycat,
I understand what copycats feel.
They want attention,
They want to be praised,
And they have no idea how to get it.
So they copy creations,
Creations they thinks will get them the attention and praises they desperately need.

But you know what?
Actually, feeling guilty is okay.
Cause that shows you still have that purity inside you,
No matter how little that bit of purity is,
At least you still have it.

I admit I DO get angry when I see people copying what I write.
But after some time,
I forgive them,
Cause I know how it feels to be a copycat.
The fear of being found out,
It could terrify a full-grown adult.

All I wish is that they will repent,
Regret what they did,
Say sorry,
And promise to not copy anymore.
Cause copying doesn't show how good you are,
It only shows how pathetic you are,
How unimaginative you are,
How hopeless you really feel.

But when they do not repent,
Do not regret,
But say sorry just for the sake of it,
And keep on copying stuff all the same,
I declare war.

Trust me,
I want a peaceful life as much as you do,
So don't push me over the edge.
Is that too much to ask from you?

Please,
Repent,
Regret,
Realize.

Just that,
And all will be better,
I promise. :)



NOT important


P.S. Dedicated to a particular copycat.
You know who you are, no need to mention the name. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment